FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AVIS: 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day rental thru 31 Dec 2013
Old Jun 4, 2013, 7:47 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rtb
Why does Avis charge extra when you say you're a rewards member? Charged me more when I used both Rapid Rewards and Club Carlson. They charge a "frequent travel program" fee
Your post doesn't quite make sense as written. You can't earn both Rapid Rewards and Club Carlson on the same rental.

So do you mean they charged it for you both on one rental that went to Rapid Rewards (that's normal) and a different rental that went to Club Carlson (that's not as common)?

It depends on the station or the phase of the moon or who knows what whether they charge this or not. I've done Avis rentals where I credited an airline and they forgot to charge it, but still gave me regular miles and even bonus miles.

In the past it was supposed always happen on domestic airlines, but not necessarily foreign airilnes, and not for hotel programs, because it had to do with something specific to domestic FFPs. But I've seen more recent language at Hertz that just claimed general "costs of transferring points/miles" as the excuse for the charge. Maybe Avis recently changed it something more nebulous like that too?

But doesn't such a question really belong in the Avis forum???