FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Washington D.C. REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:37 pm
Kurosawa22

Just got back from a stay here on June 1 in a View Premiere Park Deluxe room. While I was pleased with the room, the Tea Cellar (it tempted me to become a tea connoisseur and the service was great!), the breakfast, and the hotel in general...I have to say it wasn't a perfect stay for two reasons.

1. The service in the Blue Duck Tavern for dinner was noticeably poor. The girl we had was very nice, but kept forgetting things and spending most of her time at other tables. It felt like they were understaffed, even though there were servers everywhere. Just not a service oriented place in my admittedly brief experience.

2. I booked the room a few months ago on an AAdvantage Visa, but informed the hotel I was waiting on my Hyatt Visa to arrive. They assured me that the card I brought to the hotel would be charged, not the one I used to hold the reservation. So when I arrived, I was asked for my card, and handed the guy my Hyatt Visa (the other card didn't even make the trip). So he appears to scan it or whatever, hands it back to me and says I'm good to go. When I checked out I specifically asked the girl, "This will be charged to my Hyatt Visa correct?" She said, "Yes sir, we have your information."

Sure enough, I get off the plane at home to discover the charges were put on the AAdvantage Visa. Absolutely frustrating, idiotic service by a supposedly top end hotel. What the hell did the guy take my card for? Did he simply stare at it, hold it under the desk for a moment, and then hand it back? Had he not requested it, I would have specifically addressed the credit card issue at that time and again at check-out. But he asked for my card and I assumed afterward the AAdvantage card was no longer relevant. What purpose did my Hyatt card serve? It makes no sense to me.

I called the hotel about this issue and got transferred to customer service. I was told they would fix the problem, and I believe they will. But I sent the credit card authorization form early yesterday, and I've seen no activity on either account yet. I wrote them an email this morning to confirm they received my CC Authorization Form, and got no reply.

Gotta love the Park Hyatt service. :-p I should also specify that during this stay I was a Diamond AND on a Virtuoso rate...

EDIT: I received an email saying the account adjustment has been done.

Last edited by Kurosawa22; Jun 4, 2013 at 10:02 pm