FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges [Focused personal feedback]
Old May 22, 2013, 11:43 am
magyaar

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver
Again, of course I don't want to shoot the messenger, but...

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Our customer research clearly showed that customers wanted something appropriate for the time of day, improved choice and variety.
You needed research to tell you this? I'm struggling to think of anyone who wouldn't want something appropriate to the time of day, improved choice and variety.

The point is that 'appropriate to the time of day' is not the same thing to all people. If I am flying on a 6pm ET flight, I won't be landing until say 10pm CET and thus have the choice of cake/sandwiches in the lounge, biscuit (or wrap if I'm very lucky) on the plane, or eating at 11pm in a hotel.

A plate of pasta or chilli from the lounge at 5pm may not be ideal but it's far better than the above.

This doesn't mean 'four different kinds of slop' is much better, but something that can make a simple, hot, filling, healthy meal should be provided as an option, e.g. a bowl of pasta with some pesto, a little parmesan, a small bowl of salad.