FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges [Focused personal feedback]
Old May 22, 2013, 11:39 am
EuropeanPete

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Firstly, thanks to Nicci for conveying the message and thanks to BA for responding to what's obviously turned into a bit of a storm on here.

It's good that there's obviously senior management attention on some of the simple things which I hope will be addressed relatively promptly (I don't think it's uncharitable for me to draw contrasts with CCR issues over the last couple of years).

Seeing as I'll be back to Gold again in a few days, I'd like to echo those who say that removing the buffet for the afternoon (and I believe much of the morning?) is not a good idea.

I would hazard a guess that a significant minority of your most frequent travellers would be health conscious and so would try to avoid bread in the middle of the day. For all of those, this would leave only soup for much of the day which would be a dramatic change in the role of the lounge as a place to eat. The (as yet unseen) move to fresh, seasonal ingredients is BA keeping up to date with modern trends, but that tends to go with healthy eating rather than relying on cake and sandwiches to feed some of your customers going through T5 so frequently that this becomes a major part of their diet.

I count as one of those and so for many of my flights I'll either have to plan in advance, pick up a picnic at Plane Food or try to get a flight from T3 where I can use one of the other OW lounges.