FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges [Focused personal feedback]
Old May 22, 2013, 11:30 am
FrancisA

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Arrow

Could I echo the thanks to Nicci for the feedback.

Whilst most of the comments are welcome, I find the decision on the buffet and menu items in the afternoon (if this means that no hot items are available in the GF lounge between 3 and 6 pm) totally absurd.

Maybe I am in a minority of one (I doubt this however), but I find CE afternoon tea a complete and utter waste of time and poor nutritional value. This is not the type of stuff that I would eat at home and is not the sole choice that I would want on a plane. Previously I have eaten very satisfactorily in the F lounges at either LHR or LGW and have refused the afternoon tea on the plane.

It seems now that BA only wishes to offer me afternoon tea in the lounge or afternoon tea on the plane. I am afraid that I have a choice that I can make and that is to fly with another airline for any times where otherwise I would be at the airport or in the air between 3 and 6 pm. If I like my new choice, I may also choose other times too.

Obviously, I do not want to shoot the messenger, but I think BA could do well to consider very carefully what its market research is actually telling it. Apparently "customers wanted something appropriate for the time of day, improved choice and variety". Offering only afternoon tea may fit the first apart of this sentence, but it fails to offer either choice or variety, improved or otherwise.

Previously, afternoon tea was offered in addition to the hot buffet and to order menu items. Those who wanted afternoon tea got their wish; those avoiding afternoon tea on their flight could do that. It seems that this is no longer the case. I would strongly urge BA to reconsider this.

Could I also ask anyone who agrees with this to make their views known to BA, perhaps via a comment in the lounge book, saying that they would welcome choices other than afternoon tea.