FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges [Focused personal feedback]
Old May 22, 2013, 11:05 am
David-A

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
We chose to focus on a high quality afternoon tea offering between 3pm-6pm in all lounges. During this period, anyone who prefers not to take afternoon tea can choose from sandwiches, soup and the fruit and ambient snacks that are available all day.
Could someone clarify what this is in practice?
Pictures / details?

I've been in the MAN lounge in this time window since the change over, while there were nice cakes, I don't know what the offering was before to compare to. At LHR I do, but I've not been there in this time slot since the change over.

There are no plans to re-introduce a continuous buffet but we will continue to monitor your and other customer feedback on this issue.
Assuming this is a reference to the hot buffet, I think this is a horrendous mistake.

People are hungry at different times for different things. Not only personal cultural differences, but also timezone ones. People have arrived from different places, etc.

In the T5 GC I previously felt I could always get something appropriate, using the same mix of available items to make something appropriate for MY time of day. (In fact, I felt more flexible in the GC than the GF), and I certainly valued the GC buffet during the time period you mentioned 3-6pm.

I've not had a chance to be there during this window since the change, but I'm concerned. It sounds like the terrible cut backs to CE meals all over again.