FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Ideas on How to Get a Points Stay When Points Stays Unavailable?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:06 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you have any sense how full the hotel is on the desired dates? If there's very little availability, chances of a points reservation becoming available could be slim and it's not at all clear that the problem would be solved if someone else cancels their points reservation--the rooms could go into regular paid inventory.

When you contacted the hotel, did you make clear that you had had a points booking and were just trying to change to the correct dates? Can the property put you on a wait list for the points stay? If more that one night is involved, can some of the dates be booked with points?
I've been working this for a couple months, with no success. I think the problem is the hotel is near the cruise port and is likely full the day before this cruise. The hotel did know about my original reservation, but only offered availability on a third date, not the date I need.

I made it clear the reservation was for friends on a honeymoon, that I had made a mistake.

The night would cost 90k points if I were to purchase gift cards with points, which just seems like too many points. For now, I'll just keep checking on the site every day....

Thanks for the tips. If anyone thinks of anything else, please post or PM!