FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rimowa Carry on with Eagle Creek Packing system
Old Jun 1, 2013, 1:57 pm
Swissaire

If it were my purchase, I would complete it first, immediately upon arrival.

This would confirm that all works well, and is exactly what is wanted = Peace of mind. You would also have something perhaps new and better to pack your personal items and souvenirs into, and travel with.

Either way, it is up to you.

Berlin:

Start with the Rimowa stores there first, then with the authorized dealers. All should be able to help you.

Google the stores near your hotel or where you will be staying, and see if that works. The store having all items in stock would be great. Bear in mind that if they have to order stock for you using Pelikan, or DHL, that may require a few days for delivery to the store. Have the store representative make 1 extra copy of everything for you, placing one in the luggage, and keeping the original with you. Even if the store is able to accommodate your VAT discount, retain the sales documents as you may be asked for them upon departure.

Kaufhof is very good, as Neverfirst just mentioned. I purchased our XXL Rimowa Silver Integral case there, which has also travelled many air miles. They are limited to what they carry in-stock, but yes, a discount or two is not unknown there.

Scout motto: Be prepared. ( FRA versus Berlin for your purchase )

Scout oath: Do a good turn daily.

After your no doubt successful purchase, it will be your turn ( by your experience ) to help someone in need of luggage here on FT. Pass it on.

Viel Spaß

Last edited by Swissaire; Jun 1, 2013 at 2:02 pm