FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old May 30, 2013, 9:05 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Ok - let me try to narrow this down even more. Arriving from JFK @ a C gate - to get to the B FCL must I go thru security again? I wont need to go thru passport control as Ill be connecting to another long haul but will spend the time between flights in the B FCL.
a) must I go thru security? Where
b) I assume its an easy (yet long) walk down the C corridor and a quick left turn into term B is that about it?

thanks - gave up after looking thru 40 pages
Are you sure your flight from JFK will arrive in C? If it does, after a long walk you go through security when you reach Pier B. There will be more than one left turn but just follow the signs for B22 gate. After security in Pier B turn right instead of following the signs for B20-48 gates. You will come to the top of an escalator taking you down more or less right in front of another escalator to take you up to the FCL B.

If entering Schengen isn't a problem going through passport control and walking to the FCT is less hassle. I've just tried FRA Airport app which is supposed to give you the route to follow but it failed the test straightaway by suggesting that in order to go from C13-20 to B22 you must first go through passport control.

It's been a while since I last walked from C to B (C14 to FCL B) I looked at my collection of Frankfurt Airport photos on flickr (there are nearly 500 of them now ) and put together a pictorial guide.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2628497...7633818314336/

Most of the photos were taken in January 2011 (when there were camp beds in the passage for stranded passengers) but a couple of photos taken near the escalators to the Skyline train platforms were from earlier trips. You will notice the design of signs has changed.

Coming from C13-16 gates you will pass passport control on your right. If you continue there used to be another set of passport control near the Skyline train platforms (not sure if they are still there) and if you carried on further you eventually came to Pier B passport control and security.