FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Marriott Rewards Hotel Category Changes List
Old May 30, 2013, 2:30 pm
USirritated

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by cw082350
I don't think the hotel name is important. I don't blame the hotel it's Marriott's system that is creating the problem. The hotel was just rebooking based on upgrading me.
Sorry, but I beg to disagree. This problem only happens with some hotels, and not with others. In my estimation, it is the more professionally run and cordial hotels which do not do this (maybe the ones with a MI management contract?) and the less professionally run and less cordial hotels which do. In order for a cancellation and rebooking with higher points to happen, a staff member must physically go into the system, and then into the member's individual account to manipulate what is going on, in this case, cancel an existing rez, and create a new rez with higher point requirements. The system itself is not doing it, computer systems have not yet attained consciousness, it takes a person, probably on direction from a manager, to unethically take something out of an MR member's account to fund a higher point requirement reservation. It is conscious by a person, not automatically by a computer system. Still, either way, it is SO WRONG!