FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pay Package for Richard Anderson Boosted by 42 Percent
Old May 30, 2013, 12:24 pm
tmontemb

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I think he deserves a raise, but it would be great if shareholders and customers both could be happy. There has to be a happy median. Sadly, it's mostly shareholders that are happy
I'm not sure why everyone here is automatically assuming the employees are unhappy.

Are you an employee of the company or are you just taking a stance based on assumption that because the CEO received a drastic compensation package that must mean it's at the employees' expense?

Note: I am not singling you out directly, yours was just the most recent post.

If the employees are so unhappy, they would unionize. Those that are in unions would strike. But they haven't and they're not.

If a company can act in harmony with its employees, the last thing they need is a union. And for the most part, it appears management and its employees are doing just that.

Just a final note. Check out employee reviews of Delta on glassdoor.com - The first reviews ALL mention Delta profit sharing, AND a 7% 401k employee contribution match under pros to the company.

Discretion: I am a Delta shareholder, despite it being pretty much nuts to hold airline stocks these days, but you bet he deserves that salary bump.