FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United (EV) CVG-EWR Flight is the "WORST Flight in America" WSJ
Old May 30, 2013, 10:39 am
aacharya
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ddrost1
apologists will always be apologists, just as haters will always be haters. it will never end around here.

as for me i just avoid EWR unless it is for O/D flying, or truly no other option exists (which given no direct flights from EWR to my home airports it is usually that i could not connect there even if i wanted to).

there are a number of flights like this to and from EWR that they mix up flight #s on to pad the stats, at least that is my conspiracy theory. one of them (i don't remember the #) is GSO-EWR on some days and something like ORD-PIA on others. dilutes out the EWR delays by a measurable amount, giving the flight number a mediocre rather than completely awful performance figure.
And folks who have no concept of forensic discussion (or a cogent argument) will belittle any argument with "apologists" and "Kool-aid". I thought better of FT than to resort to Congress-like zingers (like Clinton's aide being an al-qaeda operative). But I guess it's easier to throw out "apologist" than to address facts. Keep them coming, though. They only prove my points.

But now I know, thanks to you and your deeply researched theory, that only EWR flights get flight number changes solely to pad/dilute the stats.