FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UAL 1Q 2013 call/results - Thursday 4/25/13
Old May 29, 2013, 4:58 pm
spin88

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by FlyingNut724
I think it is a five letter word that starts with the letter "p" and ends with the letter "e".
Alas that is about all that UA can compete on now.

I notice their response to DL's new $1.2B JFK terminal, and DL blowing their doors off with corporate accounts in NY was a meek press release touting the lie flat seats on all planes [surprisingly UA didn't bother to mention the effective 5'10" bed on the CO BF seats on the new 763 two class birds with 6'3" pitch or the 787 ] and another how they had been at Newark for 25 years.

Originally Posted by fly18725
You make strategic business judgements for multi-billion dollar corporations based on solely on your perspective as a customer?
No, and no one is saying this. But I think everyone is saying that perhaps it is wise to consider the customer perspective, their complaints, and then that they are leaving, and why that is happening, when one is running a major $37B CONSUMER business. Without revenue, Jeffy ain't paying the bills, and so far the revenue ain't showing up like it should. UA can pay attention, or keep doing the spread sheet analysis divorced from customer's complaints you (and Hunter Keay) appear to be advocating for.

Last edited by spin88; May 29, 2013 at 5:40 pm