FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old May 29, 2013, 7:52 am
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by nacho
If I were you I'd make sure IHG changed the night to comp. You can see it if it's an IC, otherwise get the BRG to confirmed that the night has changed to comp.

I'd bring a print out of the rate adjusted confirmation with me - there was once a hotel tried to charge me on a BRG night.
Yeah, the CP Dubai tried to charge my father, and him, not being familiar with the whole BRG concept, just let them charge his CC thinking it was a security deposit or something. Good thing I caught him on the phone before he checked out. This is roughly the conversation he had with the front desk afterwards when I told him to go claim it back:

- Did you charge me for the room?
- No, it was free, sir.
- On Best Rate Guarantee?
- Yes, sir.
- So why did you charge my credit card XXX AED? (shows bill)
- Yes sir, you were charged.
- So is it free or did you charge me??
- Free, sir.
- Fine. You sort it out and phone my room. Ok? I am checking out at 11, so call me before.
- Okay, sir.
(11am passes, no calls, goes down to front desk)
- So what is going on?
- Okay, sir.
- What is okay?
- Everything is okay, sir.
- Did you take money from me?
- Yes, sir. But everything is okay, sir. Now refunding you, sir.

So yeah.... lesson is, if you can ensure that the hotel understands it's a free rate upon checkin, you will save yourself some trouble. (and all the above, despite the manager emailing me and telling me the BRG was honoured).

Oh well, at least he got an upgrade.