FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A non-upgrade upgrade at Radisson Blu Champs Élysées
Old May 29, 2013, 2:45 am
PokerHammy

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Angry A non-upgrade upgrade at Radisson Blu Champs Élysées

Am here at Radisson Blu Champs Élysées. Yesterday at check in was informed.
by the receptionist that I was upgraded to business class room including breakfast. Now I know I'd booked with points and as gold have no breakfast benefit, so it was a nice surprise. Come this morning, when I usually sleep in, got up to have breakfast and was embarrassed as the waitress loudly tells me (and eager mom) in front of the other patrons that my room was upgraded and not booked directly as BC so no breakfast privileges. Then she grabbed the menus and walked away as if I wouldn't order anyway!.

I'd never heard of that - isn't the point of an "upgrade" and a BC benefit to have breakfast? Went to the front desk to clear up as I didn't even expect breakfast but it was the check in woman who clearly stated that I'd have all the benefits of a BC room. The man at front desk condescendingly spelled out that I'd booked on points and as a courtesy they "upgraded" me to a more spacious room (not!) because I'd booked two beds. But no other benefit applies. I incredulously asked him what the standard room size is if I'm supposedly in a bigger room. He just replied "it's smaller."

Anyone had the same experience? Never been made to feel like 2nd class citizen twice just for hotel breakfast! My skin is thick enough but my poor mom wanted to run out!