FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]
Old May 29, 2013, 2:22 am
hclee01

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Resurrecting an old thread I started... 9 months on things haven't changed. I fly this route every month or more - and this time, because of a late dinner in HKG, I decided to take CX659 that departed 1:30 am. It was 77W... thought I could sleep at least 3 hours on the nice Cirrus seats before hitting work in SIN... and they're unlikely to swap a red-eye that probably was a continuation from somewhere into HKG.

About 12 hours before departure CX swapped it for an old decrepit cabin. Those awful old lounge chairs were dead uncomfortable... and I hardly slept at all.

Note to self. NEVER EVER take CX for this route until there is absolute guarantee of no aircraft swaps.
Had the same experience last week on CX714 from SIN-HKG (redeye flight). It was supposed to be a B77W plane when I booked. A month before that, it was swapped to A330 regional seats before they swapped it back to B747 just 12 hours before the scheduled departure date.

Generally based on my past experiences, SIN-HKG planes are very prone to being swapped especially during last minute.