FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uptick in Pax Abusing Pre-Boarding?
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2013, 11:50 am
kchoya

Programs: Delta PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by RobertS975
Not trying to be petty, but it is often quite amusing to observe the various folks that use (and sometimes abuse) the privilege of the pre-board for those with young children and those who need extra time... there are those parents who decide that their 6 year old qualifies as a young child, those with no apparent disability other than being short or overweight, and my all time favorite was an attractive young woman in a mini-skirt with an ace bandage around one knee... wearing high heels. She could have at least faked a little limp.

Not for nothing, DL needs to probably consider doing a better job of policing this privilege. Southwest, I believe, gives those who ask for and qualify for advance boarding some kind of card. If DL does nothing to control this, it has the potential to simply get out of hand.
Were you the gate agent at BOI yesterday? The person who skipped pre-boarding altogether?

She skipped straight to first-class. My wife and I pushed our three-month-old up to the counter in his stroller and I asked if we had missed the call for pre-boarding. She actually said that she needed to get first class on board before everyone else to make sure they get their drinks before departure. Thankfully I didn't block too many people at the end of jetway as I was breaking the stroller and child seat down for gate checking.