FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uptick in Pax Abusing Pre-Boarding?
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2013, 10:36 am
Bicostal

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
I get tired of the "miracle flight" comments.
Then don't read them.

I have MS and travel frequently enough to have MM and Platinum for the last few years. I can't walk long distances or stand for a long period of time, so I have had to resort to getting wheelchair assistance at the airport to/from gates, etc. BTW, I will trade my MS with you anyday of the year to be able to walk and stand again.
Be careful what you wish for.

I get as tired as anyone sitting on an airplane and often forgo the wheelchair when I get to the next airport, or if I know I can make it to the next gate if not too far.
Then wait in your seat until the others have deplaned. Obviously your disability card played at the beginning allowing you early access to board should have a concomitant reciprocity by allowing those absent an impairment the opportunity to get out of your way by deplaning first.

Thank you very much.

I try to walk as much as I can and just returned from a trip with my husband where we took my transport wheelchair with us...I don't appreciate the snide comments from strangers when I'm pushing the chair (instead of sitting in it) through the airport.

I'm not saying some people don't abuse the situation, but please don't put all of us in the "miracle" category because you don't understand the disability. Thanks.
Like I said - be careful making broad generalizations.

My point is VERY SIMPLE. If you require additional time to board, it follows that you will need additional time to deplane. Whether it requires a wheelchair, walker, cane, or simply a slower pace, I graciously accept and support your needs for extra time - I expect you to behave the same way at the other end. When miracles happen, its the lowest form of DYKWIA. FOFO is not becoming of the "disabled."

As for your MS - bad things happen to good people - I have spent my entire professional career trying to change that - including specifically for people suffering the challenges of MS.