FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uptick in Pax Abusing Pre-Boarding?
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2013, 10:04 am
JBJ2435

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bicostal
Give me a break - how many miracle flights does it take to figure this one out?

If you require a wheelchair to get on then you should need one to get off. I have seen first hand multiple wheelchairs to board and then upon arrival hear the FA telling the GA no specials.
I get tired of the "miracle flight" comments. I have MS and travel frequently enough to have MM and Platinum for the last few years. I can't walk long distances or stand for a long period of time, so I have had to resort to getting wheelchair assistance at the airport to/from gates, etc. BTW, I will trade my MS with you anyday of the year to be able to walk and stand again.

I get as tired as anyone sitting on an airplane and often forgo the wheelchair when I get to the next airport, or if I know I can make it to the next gate if not too far. I try to walk as much as I can and just returned from a trip with my husband where we took my transport wheelchair with us...I don't appreciate the snide comments from strangers when I'm pushing the chair (instead of sitting in it) through the airport.

I'm not saying some people don't abuse the situation, but please don't put all of us in the "miracle" category because you don't understand the disability. Thanks.