FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So, I got refused admission to the IAD United Club...
Old May 28, 2013, 7:16 am
goingbananas

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
It sounds like nothing has changed at IAD over the years. Back when I was flying through there at least twice a week, I used to hang out in the 1K room (across the hall from the RCC at C17) and some of the people would come in there and voice their issues. They also had to show they were 1K before they would do anything about it, but that's another story.

Since I was on UA express a lot, after awhile, I used to hang out over on the A concourse when ACA (the express carrier at the time) had a lounge. Free beer and wine (for awhile), great service (Tammy was awesome with IRROPS, etc) and it was always quiet since nobody knew about it.

Up until 2011, (when I stopped going through IAD and subsequently stopped flying UA regularly) I noticed the dragons spend a lot of time on the phone talking to each of the lounges...RCC, IFL, and the 1K lounge while it existed about people, problems/issues. At least 50% of the time when I would enter, or while I sat there (1K room in particular). Peak times (late afternoon) were worse.

YMMV...