FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can you still book into late 2014/2015 with points or did they fix it?
Old May 26, 2013, 7:59 pm
andysiz

Originally Posted by Happy
How can anyone successfully stay one year out when the bookings were made just before the March 2013 devaluation?

You have the time warp machine that allows you travel into Apr 2014 to make a successful stay? I think we all love to hear that.

They got the hotels confirmations that the stays would be OK. The hotels better honor such when they finally arrive to make the stay. If the hotels eat their words, they could not rely on HHonor to fix that.

This time the program has a huge point devaluation. Last time it wasn't this big difference in point levels. That may make a difference.

For a location where substitute is non-existent or very difficult to find, the risk is too big for some of us to take.
I am one of thse who posted on the other thread. Booked a 365+ day GLON award at Conrad Maldives and finished my stay last month (I booked in 2012). No problems. And for more comfort, I automatically was emailed a new reservation ID at 366 days after the reservation was made. Not definitive, but pretty good data point of HH online bookings system dealing with 1+ year award reservations.