FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any hotels near ANC with hourly rates? Need a 3-4 hour nap.
Old May 26, 2013, 3:19 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by wintersummer
Thanks for all these suggestions. I love the Priceline/Bidding for travel idea, just to see if I can get a discounted somewhat decent property. Also, I will call the hotels near the airport and see what they offer for a day rate.
I haven't personally heard of any hotels doing this, but it's not a request I've heard made for anywhere in ANC, either.

No showers at ANC as it is not generally an international connection point. The only lounge is the smallish Alaska Airlines Board Room, but it's hardly an international lounge.

Someone in the airport administration told me they were floating the idea of an airport transit thing with nap rooms and showers for rent in the airport, as there are a lot of oilfield workers hanging around the airport in between their flights from the North Slope and wherever they live in the Lower 48 on their two weeks off each month, but it wasn't a serious suggestion and certainly hasn't been implemented yet.

If you take a look at this thread and scroll down to post #5, I've done a pretty extensive list of hotels near the airport in ANC. Might try calling some of them.

At least some of the AA clubs in DFW have showers, so in the worst case, you can grab one there. If you're not already a member, day passes there are likely going to be cheaper than a day rate at a hotel in peak season in ANC (and probably cheaper than even a day rate in the off season in ANC).

Last edited by jackal; May 26, 2013 at 3:30 pm