FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) refuses to honor signup bonus [Consolidated]
Old May 26, 2013, 1:04 am
LetsGoToo

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by susiesan
Originally Posted by bruinfever
Does anyone know how AMEX considers applications for business credit cards? Is it based on Federal Tax Number or SS number? I have a single business that my brother and I run. Can we both apply separately for Business Gold Rewards and have the signup bonus or will it only be one card per business?
I was told by AX yesterday it is by SSN. I was told the business tax number means nothing to AX. They consider the applicant to be an individual.

I guess AX's use of the term "business credit card" is meaningless. Whether you get a BRG card or PRG card, they are both personal cards. You should both be able to get the signup bonus even though the business is in both of your names. That's IF AX will honor the bonus which they don't seem to be doing a lot these days.
I had the same experience with them recently. I didn't get the sign up bonus because of this interpretation of "applicant"