FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who will be the next oneworld member? + New membership announcements [merged]
Old May 24, 2013, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by Volvic
Any legacy airlines wishes to get more high revenue generating passengers.
Yes but that is a 'wish'.

Does a usual customer of Emirates Biz or First class benefit from Emirates FFP redemption link with Easyjet ? If that customer has the budget to fly Emirates long haul in Biz or First for a point to point in Europe, I'm sure this person will not get Easyjet but a full service carrier, flying in the front cabin.
Yes. For all I know, the redemption on Easyjet from Emirates is very popular with Emirates flyer. A passenger fly Biz/First do not fly Biz/First 100% of the time. Occasionally they have to settle for Economy or even LCC. There are many passengers who fly Biz/First for business may have to fly LCC if LCC is the only choice on particular route. And they are many passengers who fly long haul Biz/First for business have company restrictions that for flight under certain hours (typical 4 hours) that they HAVE to fly the cheapest carrier or economy class. There are also a large number of long haul Biz/First passengers flying on leisure will tolerate 2 hours flight in economy class seats as long as the price is right and time is right.

If BAEC Gold has to choose a carrier for MIL-BCN and the options are AZ Biz class or Vueling Excellence, the choice will be ... ?
You will be surprised that many will choose Vueling. What you read about mileage mad only happen to FFP. There are many people who does not care which airline they fly as long as the flight meet their expectations.

Am I in this situation to fly Biz and First ? No.
Am I happy to get lounge access flying "cattle class" on e.g. IB ? Yes. ^
Do I redeem avios/miles on short haul routes in economy class ? No way.

Does a usual customer of BA economy class benefit from Vueling in OW ?
Yes, for example luggage and lounge access.
Does BA benefit providing Avios/TP to a usual low revenue customer of Vueling in OW ?
I'd guess no. BA should have to somehow pay for the previous benefits (e.g. Vueling will ask BA to pay for the lost bag fees) and dilute its resources.
How many lounges does Vueling in OW add to the overall figure ? Null ?

Extreme question:
What's about Ryanair in OW just to cover the gaps on the Europe map ?
BA already pay Monarch, which is a low cost charter airlines, to fly their passengers to places like Tenerife, Malaga, Malta etc. thought its Avios.com scheme. And if you book through Avios.com you do not need pay extra for one piece of luggage. BA pays for the first bag.

And I am sure as a 'usual' passenger flying BA would benefit from flying Vueling if BA could not take them there, and if the price is right. In turn BA could get more passengers from where Vueling flying from. They may consider to choose BA for next long Haul carrier as many of them may have start to use Vueling points to accumulate free flight already.

And as a matter of fact, what you call 'low revenue' on Vueling, is actually the most profitable business in IAG group. There is nothing low revenue about Vueling, many BA passengers pay far less ticket price to fly BA (i.e. LGW-AMS at £39 one way). And surprisingly, transit passenger count for 11% of total passengers Vueling have in Barcelona. Vueling is known as Hybrid carrier, rather than the same of Ryan air alike. They are totally different things.