FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airport Lounge Access in Istanbul
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2013, 5:06 am
chinatraderjmr

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by SunLover
In theory yes - in practice maybe. I was denied entrance to the Air China lounge in CAN with a valid United Club card with the *A Lounge logo and a same day onward *A ticket. The lounge dragon kept repeating must be *G so the understanding of the policy and the training at the lounge level is lacking.

SunLover
Actually, the lounge Dragon was correct. The wording of the policy is misleading because the names of the lounges are misleading. *G gets access to any *G lounge and most contract lounges (on that I think we all agree). But.....UClub only gets access to *A lounges. NOT *G lounges. Currently there are very few actual *A lounges (LAX/CDG/LHR/NGO) I may be missing a few. This is what was "intended" for the rules to mean but the confusion comes from lack of consistency, training, etc. some *G lounges will admit Uclub, some *A business lounges will admit (like LH/LX/OS) but "technically" those Dragons should not admit Uclub. They only were intended to get admittance to *A branded lounges as mentioned above)