FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United's Current Boarding Process (with Wiki) [Revised, May 2013]
Old May 23, 2013, 7:01 pm
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HitAndRun
I had to chuckle as I boarded my flight in IAH at C26 this evening. United has installed what look like cattle gates but are actually self service boarding gates with self service scanners. Finally, an appropriate boarding process for cattle class.
It works pretty well for LH in FRA

Originally Posted by flyerdude88
Agreed completely. I actually don't see why there would be an issue having a separate GF/BF/First (domestic) prior to Group 1. If you're a 1K in Y you still get to board ahead of everyone so it's irrelevant and your bag will get a place and if you have a GF/BF/F ticket you should get to board before everyone else to make sure your bag gets on the plane. This seems like an easy and obvious solution and then you don't have to deal with having a different process for 3class for 2class and I can't see why any 1K myself included would take issue with this kind of approach.
Worked well w/PMUA on int'l routes - they even split up the red carpet a bit with GS/Int'l F/1Ks going first, then the rest of Biz.