FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old May 23, 2013, 2:23 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Yet in your original post you say the IHG rate was in USD, and for our convenience you translated the third-party INR rate into USD. It gets more confusing

"the rate on ihg.com was $350 & i found a rate on an indian booking site for inr 17,290....that roughly translates to about $312....more than a 10% difference in the rates...."
not for your convenience....for the convenience of the brg folks....re-read the post....

the ihg rate was originally in inr....i always check rates in usd because i use my chase priority club visa to pay so i converted the inr rate to usd....

the rate on the indian site was in inr....

for the convenience of the brg folks i sent in both rates in usd (i realise now that was a mistake)....they replied saying that the currencies for both sites was different (not true since both were in inr & had the ability to convert to usd)....they further said that since the indian site did not display the currency is euros (i still can't figure out how this is relevant) therefore the claim is denied....