FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Affiliate Hall of Shame: Blog Posts that Pump an Affiliate When a Better Offer Exists
Old May 22, 2013, 10:20 pm
thepointsguy

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by FlyFasterFlyFarther
The first link in the post is an affiliate link to the United Explorer card, 30k bonus. Everyone here knows not to take that offer. It's your lead link.

Your Hyatt link may not pay you commission but it's not to the best offer (which comes with statement credit, a banner shows up when walking through the reservation process at hyatt.com, no need to be logged in or actually make a reservation, i've just verified this).

Your Priority Club link is to the 60k point offer when the 80k works perfectly well. Will you change it?
The United offer is the best public offer. As for the better targeted link, I actually applied for it and wrote all about it when I did my last round of apps, but it is targeted. Unless you have a public link?

As for PC- you're right. It is not my affiliate link, but I didn't realize 80k PC was working, but I updated my link to actually go to the FT thread so people can get the better offer.

For the Hyatt (also not my affiliate link)- I just tried to make a dummy rez and the $100 credit offer did not load. Did you do anything in particular to get that offer to load?

Honestly, I appreciate your feedback.

Last edited by thepointsguy; May 22, 2013 at 10:36 pm