FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old May 20, 2013, 8:20 am
yitzc

Hi,
I'm a very infrequent flyer (at least until I finish university) and a newbie, and I'm looking to book a round trip flight TLV-NYC-MIA-TLV in the winter (18/12/13-08/01/14). I've used ITA matrix to find the cheapest fare (flying through LHR between TLV-NYC and MIA-TLV) and I'm able to achieve the specified fare when booking through AA.com (single booking), but when trying to book through BA.com (single booking) it comes out ~150$ more expensive - for the exact same itinerary.
I noticed the previous post regarding the surcharges, which raises a different question - is there any difference to purchasing the ticket through AA or BA? (All legs of the journey are BA, except for NYC-MIA which is AA)

A different question, relating to the same itinerary: the layover in LHR on the return flight (MIA-TLV) is only 1:50. I've read a bunch of different posts on the matter in the UK forum, but what I really want to know is if my luggage will be ticketed all the way through, or will I have to claim and re-check. Does it matter that MIA-LHR is ticketed as AA and LHR-TLV is ticketed BA if both flights are BA metal?
(FWIW I believe that the BA LHR-TLV leaves from T1 and not T5)

Thanks!