FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What good is MilesBuzz! if .... [Legacy card threads moved to Credit Card Programs]
Old May 19, 2013, 6:30 pm
stupidzbu

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Bottom line:

Being exposed to multiple airline/hotel offers in one forum is easier and more convenient than going to multiple sub-forums and hunting for the content, which adds readers and page views.

the CC section is full of cash back cards & spending schemes, not necessarily a TRAVEL oriented section of FT, which is why I rarely visited that sub-forum before.

Let's talk about those who post the deals. Will we see less deals posted because everything is now scattered? Especially when the CC forum is geared to cash back and not travel?

I believe a Gaussian curve applies to all societies, where 17.5% of readers will follow, 17.5% of readers will lose interest and leave, and 65% are undecided.

By moving popular threads from MB to other sub-forums, you think you are swelling the 17.5% of readers that will follow, but all you will end up doing is alienating a majority of the 65% undecided that have to go through unnecessary effort to get the same information that kept bringing them back here.

The bloggers do a fine job of scraping FT for content and have an easier setup to get scraped info with simple searches or tags on their articles.

So, I ask, what is your intention with eradicating so much from the MB forum?

Take a stroll through the first 2 pages of topics in that forum. I challenge any Mod or whoever else is in charge to list **ANY** buzz-worthy topic in the first 2 pages

all i see are 'help me fly to XXX' or 'i have XX points, how do I spend them' or 'get a whopping 1k miles by jumping through this fire on one leg' type offers