FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-Boarding for Not Using Overhead Space
Old May 18, 2013, 6:03 am
MSObelle

Programs: Soon to be Gold again!
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
One of the perks of being an elite (even a lowly MVP) was pre boarding so you don't have to get stuck in the aisle while people are wandering around trying to find their rows and perhaps give you a moment or two to get settled before your seatmate shows up. While not every elite may want to take advantage of that perk I do.

It also seemed to me since the flight attendants don't know who is boarding and who isn't that they have no way to keep people who have boarded early saying they would not use the overhead from actually using the overhead.
I see you are getting some people not feeling that this is a perk. I'm with you. I like this perk. I have also wondered how they keep people from using the overheads. I've noticed it is more for people with roller-bags only...but does that stop the person from putting a coat or a "large personal item (backpack)" in the overhead?

I like to get on board early because I like to get situated too. So I just wanted to let you know that I agree with you that this perk is a perk.