FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated HNL/Honolulu/Waikiki/Oahu Restaurants & Bars Thread
Old May 17, 2013, 5:12 pm
Mrs. Ripper3785

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
On an upcoming Sunday night, I'll be hanging out with about 20-25 friends on Waikiki beach. Many of us are staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village with the rest scattered in the resorts along the beach.

I've been tasked with finding a place where we can all hang out for 90-120 minutes or so to drink some beer / liquor. Perhaps munch on some light bites.

I know the Ali'i Tower at the HWV has a nice happy hour but after happy hour, I'd imagine hefty resort pricing comes out. (Although I would imagine everywhere around the beach has hefty resort pricing.)

Anyone have recommendations where this size of a group can hang out and chat and have a few drinks before heading out in the town?

I'm also considering Duke's, but not sure what my other options for a crowd this big would be.
I'd suggest Barefoot Bar at the Hale Koa Hotel. It is a military hotel but the bar is open to the public. It is a *very* low key place. It has a back yard, cheap lawn furniture feel but the sunset and mai-tai's can not be beat!