FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - butterfly hotel chain
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2013, 7:40 am
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by garykung
FWIW - OP's selections have a great gap in between. So I can't really tell what criteria OP used to make the decision.
Originally Posted by Distilled
For this purpose, I am less concerned with hotel rating and more with location, we will probably not spend too much time in the room when staying on the island. We enjoy staying in some smaller more "local" properties as well as treating ourselves to luxury, a little variety is nice. Basically, I am willing to pay for something special like the view from the IC. But I expect that we will use our hotel on the island side just as a place to sleep and be gone most of the day so we don't need a big room or exceptional service.
Seems pretty easy to me: location, location, location. Seems to me any number of hotels would work fine for that.

I was able to grab a room here for ~$90 on Agoda on a trip to Hong Kong- the Regal iClub in Wan Chai. The hotel's fine (the picture's faked a bit, though, you're buried among buildings like the rest of Hong Kong), and in the middle of everything. A bit of a cab ride to LKF, but that means something like 30 HKD. Close to some good BBQ pork and duck...

Last edited by eponymous_coward; May 17, 2013 at 7:52 am