FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ORD -> BKK Nov 2014
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2013, 10:15 pm
ORDnHKG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Where did you get the nonsense of baseless comment? I have flown F and C on SQ, LH, LX, UA and QF so my comment is definitely not baseless.
Didn't you say this "Somehow I do not think that F is that much better than C" ? Which means you had never flown F, and if you do, you obviously know there is a significant difference on SQ, LH, LX, UA and QF between F and C.

Originally Posted by vbroucek
I have done it both as revenue as well as on points, and in my opinion, I cannot justify financial and point difference between C and F. Yes, there is better brand of champagne, there is caviar (which I do not eat, sorry), first class lounges etc... But then again, with careful planning, I do not need lounges because if I would go on honeymoon, I would prefer to spend it in top class hotel and limit time at airports to minimum, Champagne always tastes better on ground etc. etc. But yes, they are just my opinions. But please, do not force your opinions on me, I did not force mine on you either - I just said what I would do and I still think it is viable for OP, particularly if they never flew anything else than whY...

So, both of you, please, next time answer OP's question and leave your unfounded critique of others for somewhere else...
I think we are actually the ones that are answering OP's question but who knows about you.

For one did you read OP's first post ? OP is looking for best airline to fly first class, trip to remember, not trying to save the flying experience to the minimum like you think or suggested.

Originally Posted by dekchi84
I'm planning a honeymoon for me and my wife. We should have enough miles to fly first class for Nov 2014 trip. I'm wondering what would be the best airline to fly first class. Both of us usually fly coach. We want to make this to be the trip to remember!

Any suggestion/advice??

Originally Posted by dekchi84
@ORDnHKG - Thanks. I didn't know it would be really hard to find F on NH. That made me think twice about having ORD - NRT - BKK as a back up plan
@mecabq - I haven't looking into OZ yet. How would you compare them to NH or LH? UR - Ultimate Reward (Chase program)

We normally fly coach. I flew in business once but never First. Wife never been in either. I figure she'll be as happy being in either. I want to go for First because it's not that much more (in miles) for going from business to first. Not end of the world if I can't.
OZ and NH are in the same league in terms of seat, food (it depends if you like Japanese or Korean food more, though both of their western choices are excellent too) and service with LH should be last to consider, though LH offer way better F lounge in both FRA and MUC than OZ and NH offered. LH F seats are also nothing special except if you can get F on their 744 with new F, the ones in upper deck with seat and a separate bed, that is quite a memorable experience for me.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 15, 2013 at 10:26 pm