FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "PS Flight" - foreign term to United Reservations
Old May 15, 2013, 7:20 pm
Kipper0214

Programs: UA Platinum
"PS Flight" - foreign term to United Reservations

I get the following email today: "We have an important message regarding your itinerary flight UA1159 from JFK to Los Angeles, CA xxx. This flight is now scheduled on a Boeing 757-200 with flat-bed seats in United First, and personal on-demand entertainment and in-seat power available at every seat. This flight does not offer Wi-Fi. If you would like to change your travel plans to a p.s. flight that offers Wi-Fi, contact us at ....."
So I call United Premier desk, existing reservations, and ask the rep if there are other "PS Flights" I can take that day that would have wi-fi, due to the equipment change. The rep says "what is a PS Flight?" She has never heard of "PS". Shocked, I ask her how long she has been a United employee or if she is outsourced, and she says "13 years." She asks me to hold and after 15 minutes on hold, I call back doesnt come back. I call back and ask for a supervisor. The supervisor says "our reps wouldn't know what PS Service means" as if it's crazy that I am even asking this question. I say "I am confused, on your website, and in advertising, and even in this email I got TODAY, all I hear is LA to NY PS flights and your rep wouldnt know what that means? How is that possible?" She says something to the effect of "exactly that is a term that they haven't been trained with yet." I am dumbfounded at what a mess this airline is. I could go on and on but this is the latest craziness from United.....