FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ambassador Renewal Going up to $150 August 2012
Old May 15, 2013, 12:50 pm
Clearwater

[QUOTE=azepine00;20677234]Does it apply to reservations made prior to renewal with actual stays happening after renewal?

When I renewed for the first time with this 10% rebate offer, I already had some reward night reservations booked for the upcoming year, i.e. after renewal.
As the rebate was for 12 months and the bookings were in my membership year, I thought no more of it and just waited for the points to arrive after I had made my stay.
After receiving no rebate points to my account after the 6 weeks, I contacted Ambassador who informed me that I was not entitled to any rebate points as I had made the bookings prior to my renewal.
Explaining that the bookings were in my membership year and not out of it and that the rebate was for the 12 months, they still said I was not entitled to the points as I had made the bookings prior to renewal.
They said I would have received the points if I had cancelled my original bookings and rebooked identical stays.
This years subsequent renewal was not a problem.
So if you are renewing your Ambassador membership with the rebate option for the first time, cancel all of of your reward stays first and then renew. Once your membership has been updated, rebook all of your stays again so that you will be entitled to your rebate points. Otherwise you will not receive them.