FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booked in J AND Y on the same flight
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2013, 9:07 am
Gate45

Programs: UA 1MM 1K/AF Plat/Marriott Titanium/Hertz PC (who isn't?)/National Exec Elite/CFA Signature
Thanks for all the input! Unfortunately you all only confirmed what I kind of already knew deep inside .

So I do need to do something about it, and it seems I have two options:

1/ Cancel the Y return after I have flow the outbound. But wouldn't the agent have to reprice the one leg I will have already flown as a one-way as he cancels the return? My guess is they would likely advise me to "just not fly it", at which point I would have to share the story of the O award. And from there, even if we assume the agent can cancel the Y return without repricing the outbound, I would still be concerned they could cancel both tickets (or the wrong one) in some kind of oversight (yes, I don't have a lot of trust in them...)

2/ Move the Y return to a later date. That's safe, but also expensive since my ticket was dirt cheap - actually it might be so cheap that no change is possible at all and we would back to option 1 where I have to share my story with the CS agent...

I'm thinking carefully try 1 and if it sounds like the person I'm talking to gets it, see what they say; if it sounds like they're overwhelmed, hang up and try again. If after a couple tries I still don't get a good level of confidence move on to option 2.

What do you guys think?