FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New BM Routes from BRS - HAJ, MXP, MUC
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2013, 2:17 pm
BristolTraveller

Programs: LH SEN/*G
New BM Routes from BRS - HAJ, MXP, MUC

bmi Regional launched its three new routes from BRS today. I'll get some photos up when I get back, because this hotel WiFi is unbearable.

There was a fabulous German market laid out in front of Check-In at BRS, with representatives from each destination airport. I managed to nab a MUC lanyard and a bunch of packets of Gummi bears from the Munich stand. There was also food and bier, but I needed to get airside for speeches. Check-in at the check-in desk took about a minute. (Clearing security took about five minutes, three of which were trying to gently guide, help, then bypass, a pair of 'more mature' infrequent fliers).

BM have their own departure area setup in the Forward Coaching Lounge at BRS (previously used by CO as a secondary screening area for the EWR flight). It's got four gates, of which I suspect three will get used regularly for the three nearly simultaneous departures three times a day. There were bubbles, coffee and croissants laid on for passengers, and a very clever cake design.

Passengers for MXR and HAJ boarded, and Ian Woodley (Chairman, bmi regional) made a short speech before boarding MUC. (Loads looked good - about 30 passengers on each flight).

Quiet, productive, flight was only punctuated by the arrival of coffee and a chicken wrap, and an on-time arrival at MUC to an Apron position. We were given Lebkuchenherz as we got off, with 'bmi regional first flight bristol munich' on them. Bussed into T1, and out the other side without any hassle.

Really great new routes from BRS, along with FRA going double-daily for connection possibilities. Rumours of codeshares with LH circulated, which would be very very good news indeed for us Star Alliance fliers. Apparently BRS-BRU is also doing better of later, so maybe people have finally got tired of KL's endless tech problems?