FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Upgrade Success Thread
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2013, 12:00 pm
USirritated

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by JGfromOC
Yeah, I was actually incredibly surprised. Sort of figured I would clear on my MSP-STL and STL-ATL legs, but the ATL-LAX UG was a total shock. I checked the DL app from the SC in ATL and I was #10 on the list with 2 seats remaining.

Got to the gate and asked the GA about the UG list because I didn't see my name anywhere - more out of curiosity than anything else. That's when she confirmed I cleared. Somehow moved up to #2 with 2 seats remaining. Thought I was going to have a heart attack when she told me I made my UG. Only the second time I've ever made the ATL-LAX UG. Nice way to finish off and MR. Granted, the F seats on the 76Q aren't the greatest, but better than Y any day.

Now if I only I hadn't screwed up and pulled a rookie move - miscalculated my MQM's and fell a few hundred short of GM. Oh well, my J flight to Italy next month will more than cover that.

How does that work out to a rookie move if you are on a J flight to Italy next month? If you are paying for that, as a RT, from LAX-JFK-FCO, with 150% MQM, that should bring you to the brink of PM, with about 20K MQM earned there, or am I missing something?