FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Access to Lufthansa Lounge at IAD" Thread [Merged]
Old May 13, 2013, 8:28 am
sammyindc

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CKinMD
That wasn't my experience last September. My guest was turned away because she wasn't on a Star Alliance flight (DL). Maybe things have changed since then?
I've used it a number of times with a guest, I just present my boarding pass and/or 1K card and tell them I have a guest - my guest was never asked to present his/her boarding pass.

Also, the rules state that *G customers are entitled to one guest and doesn't specify whether guest needs to be on a *A flight:

Star Alliance Gold Customers Travelling in Any Class: Customers have access to any Star Alliance member carriers' owned lounges with the Star Alliance Gold logo at the entrance.

Customer must present proof of Star Alliance Gold level status via a valid frequent flyer program Star Alliance Gold level card or other valid indication of Star Alliance Gold level status
Customer must also present a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport
Customer is entitled to one guest
United and US Airways Star Alliance Gold customers may only access the United Clubs and US Airways Clubs within the U.S. when travelling in conjunction with a Star Alliance international flight.

Last edited by sammyindc; May 13, 2013 at 8:38 am