FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Trip from the US
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2013, 1:59 am
QCAir

Programs: DL FO, US GP, HH Diamond, Amex plat, Avis Pref
CLT-IAD on UA

So when we booked this trip, United and Qatar still had a somewhat cohesive *A relationship. Living in Charlotte, I too also have a somewhat cohesive *A relationship. Fast forward to Qatar leaving *A for One World or whatever, and you have a somewhat nervous pair of travelers when checking in at the airport at the UA counter.

Here is what 13 days looks like in a suitcase for a FF.

We got there 2.5 hours early (I know, I know, BUT if the QR ticket was somehow on the different eticket number than the UA ticket, there could have been some figuring out to do!) Lucky for us, perhaps not so lucky for the US Air club's white wine of the day, check in was a breeze and off the US Air club for us. The UA staff checked us in and tagged our bags all the way to MLE and printed out the passes CLT-IAD, IAD-DOH, DOH-MLE.

So after getting that lovely olive juice smell from the club all over my hands, it was time to head to the gate. We arrived at the gate at boarding time only to find no airplane. Now most of you are fairly well traveled, so I don't need to spell this out, but in order to fly to your destination, you need an airplane.

The plane finally arrived 30 minutes late and we boarded the small CRJ and headed up to the IAD. I'll save the space on the internet as we have all seen what Y looks like on a 55 minute flight on a regional jet.

Last edited by QCAir; May 13, 2013 at 2:36 am