FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Friend] Locked in AA Admirals Club
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2013, 8:47 pm
negs

Programs: American AAdvantage; Carlson Goldpoints.
Originally Posted by AndyAA
Might as well just take a long shower at the AC prior to an overnight layover. Instead of getting a small hotel room to crash for the night, you can have the entire AC to yourself.
I don't know why anyone would doubt this happened -- I can tell you that it happened to me last year at the Admirals Club at IAH. BUT, since I needed to get a hotel room anyway, I just decided to stay the night (I didn't want to leave the AC and go to the privacy of my own hotel room without first having taken a shower....that would be bad form.)

In any event, when I discovered that I was locked in, the bar was completely available to me, as well as being able to walk into the food service kitchen. Found lots of that yummy Sodexo stuff in the fridge....just heated it up and had an eight-course dinner all night long!

Entertainment? Plenty of TVs in the club.

Fortunately, I had my desk PC packed in my carry-on and I was able to set that up and Skype with family and friends....they thought it was great!!

Finally, in the morning, I was awakened by some of the employees coming in.

They thanked me profusely since I had already done the work of opening the bar and kitchen for the day (and, ultimately, after Corporate heard about it, gave me 300,000 miles for my trouble.)

Finally time to leave the club and the airport, but not till I took another shower!

Great experience......AND IT *DID* HAPPEN TO ME......don't believe me? Just Google the Houston Chronicle for April 1, 2012, and you'll see the write up that was in the paper.