FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior
Old May 12, 2013, 8:43 am
MilesBuzz

Programs: SQ QPP1, HYATT DIA, SPG GOLD, HH GOLD, IHG GOLD
Originally Posted by percysmith
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I think you are right

There's no point spending in Singapore with HKD cards. Esp when they have very wonderful local cards of their own http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...er-thread.html

the anz travel visa is close to hk$4/mile and the uob prvi is even better than hk$4/mile. They also have a uob preferred plat visa which is like CCB eye but earns twice as many miles (almost hk$1.5/mile)

Their foreign exchange transaction fees are much higher than ours (up to 3.25% for the prvi) so keeping the SCB AE is a good idea.

Good to keep bankcomm cup too for unionpay access and whatever crazy promos they might throw up.
SCB AE is one the "rare" card that even HKGers now cannot even apply to So, I will treasure that.

As for HSBC, I can use the busy shopping periods during Summer, Christmas and CNY (Red Hot Shopping Promos) to get some bonus points. I believe they will still be offered this Summer.

My gripe about SIN-based cards are the lack of options to credit to AM (or higher rates for AM accrual). So, keeping a few HKG-based cards for AM redemptions later on will be very handy.