FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - money disappeared off GCs while trying to load bluebird- help!
Old May 11, 2013, 8:54 pm
elsewyse

Angry money disappeared off GCs while trying to load bluebird- help!

Yesterday, I went to Office Depot and bought $800 worth of Vanilla Visa gcs (they'd finally restocked! I was excited!), then went across the street to load my bluebird account at Walmart. I've done this before at these stores and it has worked fine. This time, however, there was an error in the middle of the transaction and it didn't go through. I thought fine, whatever, I'll just have to use them for regular spend, and went home.

Today, however, when I went to use the gcs at the grocery store, each of them in turn got declined for insufficient funds. Well, crap, I thought. Went home, checked the balances online. Turns out that the money somehow got debited off my gcs, while not ever actually getting loaded onto my bluebird account. The bluebird account doesn't even show a pending transaction.

The CSR reps at Bluebird are claiming that it's an error on the part of Visa (and that we're not supposed to be able to load Bluebird with a card that doesn't have an address in the first place). Visa is claiming that Walmart has the money (and in the phone call, basically accused me of doing this to launder money!) Nobody knows what's going on. Does anyone have any advice??? Who should I be calling about this? Is small claims court an option? This isn't going to kill me but eight hundred bucks is a hell of a lot of money-- and more even than how much I value the card bonus.