FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL
Old May 9, 2013, 1:01 pm
StayingHomeIsBetter
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by james318
Well, sadly I can see why this makes sense. Gordon's is owned by... wait for it... Diageo. Which is their partner in the Luxury Bar.
But Diageo markets Tanqueray. It is one of their "Strategic Brands," which must mean that it is too good for the common folk, paying members of the club.

http://www.diageo.com/en-row/ourbran...gicBrands.aspx

Face it, these decisions are being made by bean counters who have no customer focus, likely laugh each time they send out a communication using the word "loyalty," (and I'll stop there before I say something that might be actionable).

It is clear that Virginia Ave must believe that there is no downside to making each part of the airline/customer interaction ever-increasingly miserable.

Remember the threads from a few years ago when folks speculated about whether DL Management would ever do away with complementary drinks in the clubs? It is starting to look like they are doing this in a de facto fashion, via a two-step process. First, implement the Premium bars. Then, swillify the complementary offerings.

What's next? Want a Coke? You can buy that from the Premium bar. If you want a free soda, its the K-Mart generic brand?