FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club beverage changes confirmed by DL
Old May 8, 2013, 11:36 pm
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Well, I like gin but I usually try not to drink a lot of it (seems to give me a far worse hangover than vodka). I have to yield to the expertise of others on this board though. The majority on the board seem to think Gordon's is awful. And if DL is switching brands to align costs it must be cheaper than the Tanqueray. I want no part of it. I have Tanquary and Bombay in my collection at home so I'll just enjoy it there.

Since the vodka (my primary drink) is apparently going to Gordon's I guess that is out too. While Ketel One is my favorite vodka, Skyy was perfectly acceptable. I suppose I'll be left with Jack Daniels since they are also getting rid of the CC.
I didn't realize they were actually going to switch to Gordon's vodka as well. In terms of cheap vodkas, it's one of the better ones since it's smooth (compared to Fleischmann's (my great-great grandfather owned a barreling company in Atlanta and Fleischmann's was one of their biggest clients ) or Popov; it's "up there" with Svedka in terms of value brands) and mixes pretty well. It's certainly no Skyy or _(insert decent vodka brand here)_ though.

-J.