FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which miles and points blogs censor comments?
Old May 8, 2013, 11:48 am
yerffej201

Originally Posted by TheMilesProfessor
It's always hard to evaluate a situation until you experience something similar and see how you react. Until I have someone comment with an affiliate link in my blog, I cannot honestly argue concerning the situation.

However, on a similar note, I wrote a post explaining that people may take advantage of a certain "Spend $50 at Neiman Marcus, get 3500 FlexPerks" by buying a Neiman Marcus gift card and reselling it on PJ at a loss of about $7. ChasingThePoints clarified that, actually, if you want cash, there is an additional 2% cut so the loss will be $7.50 ($6.65 is for an Amazon gift card). Moreover, TCB is giving 1% cash back. Again, information I was missing was pointed out for a potentially better offer and I was extremely grateful that this was all clarified in my post. I gladly welcomed and appreciated the comment.

Again, there was no affiliate link so the situation is different. I may or may not have minded one (since I don't have a TCB affiliate link right now), but I can't say for sure until I experience it.
Very well said. Same here!