FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which miles and points blogs censor comments?
Old May 7, 2013, 5:56 pm
Aphrodite91

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold
So I wanted to recall a pretty ridiculous situation not long ago:

A brother of a well known blogger made a highly arrogant, bitter and offensive post talking about a Harvard coworker. We can still see the starting part of the post as follows when we google it:

"It always fascinates me how dumb smart people are in life. In a company where traveling is part of the job, how can you not research on points and miles before you travel?! Honestly, you can just google the hotel chain with the word “promotions” and abou..."

It gets worse.

Many readers were highly highly offended and annoyed and responded with comments citing the arrogance and bitterness of the post. The post was edited to remove all the arrogant and disparaging bits toward Harvard students and the blogger apologized on behalf of the brother. Further commenters, seeing the edited post, commented how unfair the first few commenters were (commenting on a different post entirely) and I tried to comment explaining the post was edited. I wanted to defend the first few commenters explaining they commented on a different post. My comment was moderated, not approved and, furthermore, the first few commenters' comments were left up looking silly and unfair and as if they were overreacting to a far milder post.

I lost respect for the blogger and since stopped reading.