FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which miles and points blogs censor comments?
Old May 7, 2013, 2:17 pm
brooklynmatt

Programs: AMEX Plat, AAdvantage Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
And the best part is how you misrepresented what I wrote in your blog to justify your actions.

You contacted me and said you were going to edit the comment. I suggested you delete it instead if you thought it was spam. You chose to edit it anyways and not inform me of that decision, effectively representing your thoughts with my name on them. Congratulations on managing to censor, mislead and misrepresent, all in one move.

So it is OK to censor someone if you disagree with them?

"Calling someone out" is very different from editing their comment so that it appears they wrote something different than they actually did.
Your original comment is in its original form, other than your affiliate link has been removed and the comment <spam link removed> has been put in its place.

I agree that I shouldn't have changed your affiliate link to head somewhere else (initially it was to hotels.com, later to evrewards both weren't the best thing to do) when you called me out on that I changed it.

I hope you will find that agreeable.

Also, I didn't contact you to say I was going to edit your comment. I contacted you to inform you that I did edit your comment.