FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old May 7, 2013, 2:06 pm
lad2

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by sullim4
I am sure this has been answered upthread but I thought I'd ask anyway - if the biller is in the automatic system, does it mean that the payment will be electronically sent, or is it still possible that a check might be issued? The reason I ask is because I'd rather not risk my mortgage payment being late due to a paper check being issued - I'd rather Provident just ACH it out of my account instead of risking late fees.
Generally, yes. You will see the estimate date by BB for your payment to arrive. It's usually 2-3 business days for electronic payment. And obviously longer if the payment is via a paper check. Add 1-2 business days on top of that for payment processing time on the biller's end to be on the safe side.

If you can, do a small test payment mid-cycle so you can test & gauge how long it would take for your particular case.